Wednesday 11 July 2012

Audacity workshop

Yesterday the nice EVS people working on the Potpourri radio program joined me in finding out more about Audacity. We did that together and together we found out some great features to the program that I previously knew but forgot from radio camp but forgot as I haven't done much editing lately. That is because I find it daunting to always look for equipment now that the EVS program is over and I don't have a recorder or laptop anymore that I can use especially while on the road. I am considering getting one of those very small laptops for the road as to make sound editing possible while on the move. But definitely not brand new as it would be foolish to get one new while knowing about the issue in regards to all the rare metals used for the production of electronic devices. The origin of these metals is most of the times from far away sources in places where people are exploited and land irremediably destroyed.

But going back to the radio workshop, it was great to get back into editing and working with people on radio related topics even though we all were sitting inside in front of our unfairly sourced laptops (although I just borrowed the one I am using now). I could have worked a bit more on it's structure but in the end "Auto duck" and few other small tricks I think made Isabella's day as well as everyone else's.


No comments:

Post a Comment