Saturday 17 September 2011

Steps Beyond - crushing corporate interests (or just me?)

I´ve been alone or I felt alone on this trip since my ability of sharing and getting people to see inside my head are very limited. Although the two days spent with a friend in Mannheim probably added a lot to this travel and kept me going. Maybe from this inability to share my thoughts I get my obsession of sharing everything else of physical substance with everyone. To compensate. And maybe this is a first step towards getting better at sharing the important things, the trials and tribulations of showing something that is out of site. This gold corporation hard at work to get the mining disaster going in Romania is bent on drowning the indy media information with multimillion advertising campaigns. And is no use or point to try and rescue and present the voices of the locals or the activists by one´s self. So please do take it up on to yourself to bring up this issue to the right people. If you know nothing of this huge social, environmental and archeological planned disaster in the east of Europe, in Romania than read the following:
http://reclaimthefields.org

http://reclaimthefields.org/content/current-situation

OR better yet tell other people who would have the time and resources to come see by themselves the situation in the area during the Reclaim the Fields camp between the 21st and 30th of September.

So far I´ve hitchhiked 898 km and have 900 more to go, got to invite people to the camp on Bermuda.funk in Mannheim, on Radio Z in Nurnberg and I am looking forward to reaching out in Budapest. You could do the same and start a trip towards this Mecca of environmental importance since it would be the largest mine of it´s kind in Europe and without mentioning the cyanide pollution of waterways and the air, the dust cloud alone created in the destruction process of 4 mountains must be a monster.

Most of all please get in touch and help me combat the daily downs brought about by slow hitchhiking, nasty Bavarian cops who basically raped me searching for drugs (they found the perfect guy too, not smoking OR drinking), not getting in touch with people I had planned to get in touch with and so on. I need to feel I am not by myself on the edge of these fucking polluted roads where luxurious cars pass by in a hurry with only one passenger on board. Stuff like that gets to me more than ever.

And I truly, truly hope some of you reading this will make it to the camp. Much love from Linz from where I will head onwards to Vienna and Budapest early in the morning tomorrow.

Radu

No comments:

Post a Comment